Volunteer at Love In the Name of Christ
of Newaygo County
I John 3:18 says, “Our love should not be just words and talk; it must be true love that shows itself in action.”
Share your skills. Share your gifts. Share your interests. Let’s join hands to share God’s hope with others.
Love INC offers opportunity for Christians to use the gifts and talents God has given them to help people in need see and experience Christ’s love. Now is your chance to get directly involved with Love INC of Newaygo County. It is our belief that when we invest in the lives of our neighbors, not only do they gain a renewed hope and stability, but together, we gain new friendships and a stronger community.
Volunteer opportunities are available not only in our Resale Store, Food Pantry, and Clearinghouse, but also through several of our ongoing projects, Gap Ministries, Transformational Ministry, and partner church ministries. Please see Volunteer Opportunities for ideas on how you can provide hope to others.
“I started out volunteering one day a week…now I’m volunteering up to five days each week. Love INC is family, Love INC is the Church, Love INC really does help our community members in need. I am proud to be a part of Love INC.” C. Jones
How to Become a Volunteer
- Complete a volunteer application. You can obtain an application one of two ways:
- Online. Simply click on the “Apply to Volunteer” button, print off the volunteer application and complete it. The next step is to call Love INC of Newaygo County at 231-652-4099 to schedule an orientation class.
- In person. Stop by our office, pick up an application and complete the volunteer application. The next step is to call Love INC of Newaygo County at 231-652-4099 to schedule an orientation class.
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation Class. Volunteer orientation is where potential volunteers learn more about Who Love In the Name of Christ is and How we minister in our community. It is also a great time to ask questions about the various ways volunteers serve throughout the ministry. Orientation classes are held at Love INC of Newaygo County, 11 W. 96th St., Grant, MI 49327, and typically last under an hour. Please call Love INC at 231-652-4099 to schedule your orientation. Please bring your completed volunteer application with you to the Volunteer Orientation Class.
- Schedule your first Volunteer Venture. Now that you’ve completed orientation, it’s time to find out where God will use your gifts and talents! We encourage you to try a variety of volunteer opportunities…you never know where God might lead!
Community Service Volunteers
Love INC of Newaygo County does offer community service opportunities to high school students needing community services credit hours and also to community members who have court ordered community service requirements. All community service performed through Love INC must be approved in advance by Love INC staff. Please contact Newaygo County Love INC at 231-652-4099 to discuss community service requirements and availability.